Ernie Souchak, Editor-in-Chief
Since the release of the book "Golden," by authors and Chicago Tribune reporters John Chase and Jeff Coen, serious questions have been raised about the honesty of the book's claims.
IP2P has received information from several sources that lead us to conclude this: Someone is not telling the truth about the claims made in the Chicago Review Press publication.
These public assertions lead us to that conclusion:
(1) The man who warned Rod Blagojevich that the feds were recording him, Tribune reporter John Chase, was a co-author of the book.
(2) Chase and Coen claim, in their book, to have listened to, and read, the transcripts of all the Blagojevich wiretaps...that have never been made public.
(3) The U.S. Attorney's Office insists the wiretap tapes and transcripts were provided to no one - including Chase and Coen. Even though Chase and Coen insist that the USAO did provide the material.
(4) Prior to Chicago Review Press publishing "Golden," a credible source made attempts to provide important information to the publisher that would have helped insure that their book was factual.
(5) To date, Cynthia Sherry and the Chicago Review Press have refused to answer basic questions that a publisher should expect from the media: (A) Did Chicago Review Press fact-check the book they published as non-fiction? (B) Did the authors actually have access to the tapes and transcripts of the Blagojevich wiretaps that were not made public?
Sent: 2013-02-01 21:00:02 +0000
Subject: Fwd: Publishing False Information
Ms. Cynthia Sherry
Did The Chicago Review Press verify that John Chase and Jeff Coen actually possessed and listened to all the Blagojevich wiretap tape recordings and read transcripts that were never made public, per their claim in the book you published titled "Golden" ?
If you did verify, please explain how.
Sent: 2012-12-08 23:15:43 +0000
Subject: Publishing False Information
Ms. Cynthia Sherry
The U.S. Attorney's Office Northern Dist. of Illinois has just gone on the record saying that John Chase and Jeff Coen are not telling the truth about having access to tapes a transcripts of the Blagojevich wiretaps that were never made public.
Ms. Sherry, as publisher of Chase and Coen's book "Golden" you can clearly understand the ramifications if this is true.
Did Chase and Coen publish false information? The USAO says yes.
Ms. Sherry, what do you say?
All of this begs the question: Was Chicago Review Press so concerned with telling the authors' version of the Blagojevich story that they ignored the facts?
Listen to Cynthia Sherry explain Chicago Review Press promotion of progressive writings and social justice.
At IP2P we ask this: Did the truth about the Blagojevich case not work for their progressive agenda?
More on this soon............